Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Roth IRA, Is It For You?

A Roth IRA, Is It For You?

Roth IRA’s are some of the most sought after investments. But, why? What are they? Why should you invest in them? For many people, the investment world is somewhat of a mystery. We just do not know what it is all about. But, we can easily learn by taking the time to understand all the various aspects of investing. We can start here with learning about Roth IRA and how it can benefit you.

First, Roth IRA was named after the man who helped push through legislation for it. His name was William Roth. He was a United States Senator. He was known as a conservative and helped to pass other tax cuts as well in the 1980’s. But, we want to know about his specific contribution to the Roth IRA.

The Roth IRA is an individual retirement account. It is used throughout the United States. This plan is meant to help individuals save money for retirement by giving them tax advantages for doing so. But, there are a number of different retirement accounts. Some of these retirement plans can be set up by the employer while others are sponsored through the individual investor. In the Roth IRA, money is taxed before it is deposited into the account. But, it accumulates tax free on its earnings until you withdraw it at retirement. The money is then taxed. But, here are a few other individual retirement accounts that you should consider as well:

 The traditional IRA is the most commonly thought of retirement account because it was one of the firsts. In this case, money is deposited without being taxed. The money accumulates through time and is still tax free on earnings. Then, when the money is later withdrawn at retirement, it is taxed.
 A Rollover IRA is basically the same as the traditional. The only difference is that in the rollover, funds or money is moved from one type of retirement plan to the rollover. This would happen when one account is closed but money is not withdrawn but moved. For example, if you have an employer based retirement plan and leave one company for the next, the money would move into a rollover account.
 A Simple IRA is quite similar to a 401K. It is a simplified employee pension plan. In this case, you will have lower contribution limits and a simpler administration of the money.

Let’s get back to the Roth IRA in particular. In this type of retirement account, you get to contribute money that is “post tax” and earnings and withdrawals are then tax free. Another advantage of the Roth IRA is the fact that there are fewer penalties and restrictions on withdrawal than with the traditional IRA. Your limits, currently, on this IRA are based on age and the year:

In 2005, if you are under 49 years of age, your contributions are limited to $4,000 per year. Over 50 and you can invest up to $4500.

In 2006 and 2007, if you are under the age of 49, your contribution limit will be $4000, but if you are over 50, your limit will increase to $5000.

In 2008, limits change for both those age groups. Under age 49 will increase to $5000 while over age 50 will increase to $6000.

Anyone who is considering a Roth IRA for their retirement account is considering a very good quality investment account. It is wise, like with all other investments, to speak to a financial advisor to find the best course of action. They will help you to decide how much to put into the account. They will also help you to manage it. In a Roth IRA, there are a variety of options that you can invest in including stocks and mutual funds. It is important to consider the risk involved. It is also important to consider just where you need the money to be when you retire. A financial advisor can help you get to where you need to be without you having to worry about all the details.

All in all, a Roth IRA is an excellent choice. Its main benefits are its tax structure as well as its lower fees. You will see that they offer an excellent opportunity for almost anyone to invest for their retirement.

About the Author

Travis Lawrence

More Roth IRA information can be found at http://www.roth-ira.org

17 comments:

HYIP Hunter said...

Hi Blogger, I was looking for hyip ranking information. A Roth IRA, Is It For You? is not exactly what I had in mind, but it got my attention long enough to stop and take a look at your blog. I've been reading a lot of hyip ranking information, lately. I hope it pays out as well as everyone is claiming. Do you have much knowledge and/or experience in this area? Good job on capturing my attention! Keep it real...

Peteso said...

Hiya Blogger,
Didnt know searching on the net for ira beneficiaries would bring me here. But hey... reading your post "A Roth IRA, Is It For You?" was entertaining.
While it may not be exactly related to ira beneficiaries, it was nevertheless a pleasure to have visited your blog. That's the beauty of the internet.. u just dont know what you will find at the next corner.
Blogger, its been great to visit your blog...do keep blogging and continue to make the web a more interesting place..cheers mate

Jay Kay said...

Pay close attention, this is your one time opportunity!!

Did you know that 97% of affiliate marketers
make less than $157 a month? That's hardly
enough to pay a couple utility bills...just look at:
loaded with money

What if you HAD TO pay all your bills and feed
yourself (and your loved ones) with just your
affiliate commissions?

Could you earn enough, consistently, to never
again need a job or worry about your next paycheck?

If not, then you are in luck. Russell Brunson
who is one of the top affiliate marketers online
is going to be personally developing 50 people into
six-figure affiliates.

I've already become on of his 50, and wanted to
invite you also. To find out how to qualify, please
visit:

loaded with money


Thanks,

Jay Kay

P.S. I was just looking at the list of coaches for
this "affiliate bootcamp" and I couldn't believe the
caliber of the people who will be coaching. I hope
to see you there.

loaded with money

Basiballi said...

Hi - I’m a newbie trying to find some information
relating to 401k retirement
However, I managed to find your Blog which I think is interesting and had some relevance to what I was looking for. Thanks for your post and do keep up your good work.!

hyip101 said...

Hi, Blogger I was looking for someone who could give me more information on hyip scams and I came across your real good blog A Roth IRA, Is It For You?. A lot of people must feel like saving it! It sure got my notice, too and keep it up! Right now anything like hyip scams information interests me because us older folks are always looking for higher interest on our money so we can pay the higher and higher gasoline and drug prices, etc.... I think it's almost impossible to hard to find a SAFE high yield investment program to earn a reliable interest. And here's the ONLY site that tell you WHY you can't - from experienced HYIP pros! hyip scams That site more than covers any hyip scams and everything you need to know to make a few dollars - and how to avoid being scammed by the crap advertised and blogged. You don't have to come by and visit my site before you lose any money - and do it because there really only a very few people looking out for us.

Dave Davies said...

Blogger, do you know any other blogs on high yield investment programs? high yield investment programs.

Dave Davies said...

Blogger, Here is an update to A Roth IRA, Is It For You? regarding high yield investment programs.
I filed it at high yield investment programs.

Dave Davies said...

Blogger, do you know any other blogs on debt relief? debt relief.

Good Stuff said...

Hi there Blogger, I had been out looking for some new information on e gold when I found your site and A Roth IRA, Is It For You?. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

Good Stuff said...

Hi Blogger, Out surfing for information on digots & happened upon your site. While A Roth IRA, Is It For You? wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.

Dave Davies said...

passive income is of interest to many readers! Your blog, A Roth IRA, Is It For You? can get more info from passive income.

Legal and Finance Consulting said...

Hello, my name is Blogger,
I have SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION aboutonline currency trading and found your site.
I was looking out for online currency trading related information. Anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.
Sorry, I have see that your A Roth IRA, Is It For You? wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, but, certainly got my attention and interest.
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

Legal and Finance Consulting said...

By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about online currency trading I have found your site.
Of course, I was looking out for online currency trading related information and I have found your A Roth IRA, Is It For You?. Sorry, I have seen that isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

Legal and Finance Consulting said...

I am Blogger, and I have SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON online currency trading and found your site.
Sorry, I have see that your A Roth IRA, Is It For You? wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, but, certainly got my attention and interest. If you like you can contact me. Your page I see row why I found when I was looking for online currency trading related information. Anyway, I am glad I stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

emily from blog articles said...

Hello Blogger,

One of the sections in my article directory is Home and Family ... while looking for blogs on pension, I discovered A Roth IRA, Is It For You? .

Most people believe the best content on the internet is created by bloggers ... original content, experiences and opinions. Nothing to sell and no hidden agendas!

As someone who appears to be interested in pension, I am sure you will find our Home and Family section to be interesting. I am continually searching for bloggers to submit articles and assist me to expand the directory to all our benefit. By contributing, you not only get the recognition of being an author, but also knowing your submission will be seen by many hundreds of internet surfers. The pride and satisfaction of seeing your article published in a prestige directory is hard to beat.

Not all of us are born with the talent to write to high standards of literacy ... as a consequence, a lot of bloggers don't try to have their articles published.

I like an informal style of writing that matches your personality and fits in with your article content. I welcome articles that are uniquely based on your personal knowledge, experiences and opinions. All I request is that your content does not contain vulgar language, incite hatred or generally offensive.

Without any commitments ... please pop over and browse my blog articles directory for yourself.

Kind Regards
Emily

Legal and Finance Consulting said...

By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about forex I have found your site.
Of course, I was looking out for forex related information and I have found your A Roth IRA, Is It For You?. Sorry, I have seen that isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

Legal and Finance Consulting said...

Hi there Blogger, I AM OUT SEARCHING FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON foreign currency trading and found your site.
Although A Roth IRA, Is It For You? wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I see row why I found your page when I was looking for foreign currency trading related information, and I am glad I stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.

Fritz